1) Child & Adolescent Issues:
Children and adolescents have unique issues that require treatment tailored to their specific emotional needs, developmental issues, and family circumstances. We at PsyCare have developed a program in Child and Adolescent Treatment that offers a series of advanced and topical workshops designed to help mental health professionals stay current in their work with children, adolescents, and their families. Parents and children often attend therapy sessions together, as therapy can be a safe space in which to address the thoughts, feelings, and emotions experienced by all members.
- Developmental Stages from Birth to Adolescence
- Triggers and Risk Factors
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Issues
- Substance Use in Adolescents
- Therapy and Counseling for Youth
- Medication and Therapy for Children and Adolescents
2) Parenting (NLP):
Becoming a parent changes your life completely. Not only are you responsible for taking care of your child, but guiding and educating them through life too. Many parents benefit from learning neuro linguistic programming as it helps them improve their communication techniques with their children. NLP is based on the concept that how we think and feel affects what we say and do.
We offer a range of parenting workshops that are sometime based around common day-to-day parenting challenges or challenges that are related to specific subjects that parents may be facing. For example:
- Understanding your teenage child parenting workshop
- Helping anxious children – a guide for parents
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Issues
- Supporting depressed children parenting workshop
- Techniques for parents of children with ODD
3) Transactional Analysis:
Transactional analysis (TA) is a psychoanalytic theory and method of therapy wherein social transactions are analyzed to determine the ego state of the patient (whether parent-like, child-like, or adult-like) as a basis for understanding behavior. In our transactional analysis workshops we aim to teach trainers & clients alike to alter the ego state as a way to solve emotional problems. The method deviates from Freudian psychoanalysis which focuses on increasing awareness of the contents of unconsciously held ideas. Eric Berne developed the concept and paradigm of transactional analysis in the late 1950s.
4) Career Counselling & Guidance:
In our Career Counselling and Guidance workshops for kids and adults we aim to create an information library for the client and enable them to make a well informed choice about their career path. We conduct 2-3 hours Career Guidance workshops for schools that introduces kids with all the possible choices they have in their field of interest whereas our Career Counseling sessions are more detailed and one-to-one which helps the client choose a career path that best suits their personality, aptitude and interests. We use the best psychometric tests available in order to evaluate our client’s personality type and potentials in order to find out the best career path for them.
5) Emotional Intelligence:
Our runaway emotions can and do influence the way we react in the workplace on a daily basis. Having a higher level of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) means having the ability to recognize your behaviors, moods and impulses and manage them in a positive way. So instead of over-reacting and over-compensating when things don’t go as planned, you are much better equipped to understand the effects your emotions are having on you at any given moment.
In our EQ Workshops, you’ll learn skills like how to interpret and manage your emotions and balance your optimism and pessimism, using coping methods and relaxation techniques, managing your non-verbal communication and more. This will make you more aware of your own thoughts and feelings and as a result it will improve your ability to interact calmly with others both in the workplace and at home.
Healthy Emotions + Clear Thinking + Appropriate Action = High EQ
6) Mindfulness (MBSR & MBCT):
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) was developed by Dr Jon Kabat-Zinn. It brought together mindfulness practice and yoga into an eight-week intensive course of group sessions and homework tasks.
It can also help with psychological problems such as anxiety and panic.
Research shows that MBSR can help empower patients with physical ailments like chronic pain, hypertension and gastrointestinal disorders. It can also help with psychological problems such as anxiety and panic.
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy- Like MBSR, the MBCT treatment they developed takes place over 8 weeks, in a group setting, with daily homework tasks. As well as mindfulness practices it includes information about depression and cognitive therapy based exercises that explore thinking and its impact on feeling. MBCT also teaches people to pay attention to the present moment rather than thinking too much about the past or the future.